Monday, November 19, 2012

Collaboration with Ken Garner of Davidson

I swapped some emails with Ken Garner in High Point who is tracking his Garner family tree.  Ken posted an incredible old letter that is the first hand account of a visit with "Squire Billy" and his family. This was Andrew Wesley's father William Alexander.  


Click to enlarge


Ken says:
Hello,My name is Ken Garner, and I live in High Point,NC.
The article from old letters was written by Ella Beck Sinder (my great aunt). Her Mother was Eliza Prevo Beck. Eliza Prevo's mother was Sally and William Prevo. Ella Beck was a siter to my Grandmother Ida Rebecca Beck On my father's side of family.
This letter was given to me by Kate Snider Austin. It was her Mother who wrote this even though she was not well educated. 
Ella was telling about things she was told or remembered.
...The Prevos lived in Randolph County. Jackson Creek was a community in Randolph. It is not far from Denton, NC where I grew up.








This letter breaks some new ground for me:
- I didn't know William Alexander was knowledgable about the law
- It confirms a story Hazel Prevost told me about William Alex and family heading West in their Conestoga Wagon but turning back for some reason.  Stay tuned to the video I'll post of that interview.
- I didn't realize William had two foster sons.
- Uncle "Dump" mentioned in the letter is my Great Great Grandfather Andrew Wesley and the letter ends with my great grandfather Rosco(e).

Mr. Garner offered to collaborate and maintains a huge family tree of his family here:
Garner Family Tree (Ancestry.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment